Welcome to the home page of Kirkbymoorside Community Library and Information Centre. We have existed as a community library since transitioning from a County Library on 1st April 2017. The library is now entirely managed and run by dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers. Our aim is to keep the library at the very heart of the community, providing a safe place for contact, information and support to all.
We’re here for all ages and the library is free to join. Just call in and you’ll be a member in a few minutes. You can then borrow books, large-print editions, books for children and teens, rent audio books and movies on DVD and use library services. We have public use computers and a home library service is available for those not able to access the library.
With spring just around the corner, our monthly makers have been busy producing all sorts of crafts that will make lovely Mother’s day or Easter presents. Call in and see what is on offer.
We are a library run for the community by the community, working in partnership with North Yorkshire County Council.
Come in and see us soon
Coronavirus update Saturday 21st March
In view of the latest Government and North Yorshire Library Service recommendations, we have reluctantly decided to close the library from 5pm on Monday 23rd March until further notice.
We will now stay open all day on Monday 23rd to give our customers as much time as possible to come in to borrow books or media items
With immediate effect, the library service will now allow:
- All physical items borrowed (or renewed) will have a three-month loan period. This is also being applied retrospectively.
- All library members will be able to borrow up to 30 books on one library card.
- Media subscribers will be allowed to borrow up to 10 audio visual items at a time on their media subscription library card.
- If library cards expire, customers will still be able to access all digital resources and borrow e-books / e-audio.
- PIN numbers to access online services can be issued over the phone on verification of date of birth and postcode.
- People can now phone in if they wish to join the library. Membership card numbers and PIN should be emailed to them separately.
- The reservation service is suspended.