How do I join the Library?
Just pop into the library and you’ll be a member in a few minutes. It’s free. You’ll then be able to borrow adult and junior fiction and non-fiction titles, large print editions, audiobooks on CD and movies on DVD.
What do you offer?
- Fiction and non-fiction books, including large print editions.
- Audio books (small fee)
- Movies on DVD (small fee).
- Books for the very young, juniors and teens.
- Public access computers (first 30 minutes free).
- Printing, scanning and photocopying (small fee).
- Home Library Service – books delivered to your door if you’re housebound.
- Activities for juniors and the very young.
- Internet and computer access.
- Free wi-fi.
- Local newspapers.
- Community and health information.
What does it cost?
A North Yorkshire library card is free. Borrowing books is also free though there are the usual library charges for overdue items and reservations etc.
Sound and vision hire charges
Audio books £2.50 per title per 3 week loan, concessionary users no charge
DVDs £2.25 per title per 3 week loan
An annual subscription at £35 or a six month subscription at £20 entitles you to 2 items at any one time
The fees that we collect from our members go directly to support the upkeep of the community library – a registered charity.
How many items can I borrow at a time?
You can borrow up to ten items at any one time. The usual loan period is three weeks. If you have trouble getting to the library to renew loans you can either ring us during our opening hours on 01609 534557, or access your account online here.
Where are you?
We’re at the top end of the Market Place, just beyond The Kings‘s Head Hotel and the car park entrance.